Wednesday, January 27, 2010

POTW - Park art in Washington DC


POTW - Park art 2, originally uploaded by dm|ze.
This weeks photowalk was at the National Mall at Washington DC. I went there with my family and we had a great time. I didn't bring my DSLR for a few reasons, but I took two of my other cameras. The trip was planned for MLK Day, not really thinking how busy it may be over there.
Other than a bit of vehicle trouble (no breakdown or anything just a noise) the day was great. It was a bit busy but overall very enjoyable. I have only gone to DC on fields trips in school so it was kind of cool to have our own agenda. This was the first time our kids had road a train and the first for me and my wife in DC. We started by taking the train to the National Mall. Then the kids wanted to go to the Air and Space Museum. So we walked around there for a bit (I get bored there quickly, I've been there a few times before and I can only look at so many aircraft before I'm bored). I am a geek but not an aeronautical geek. Then we ate some lunch (severely overpriced). Then we continued on to the Natural History Museum. On the way checking out the National Gallery of Art's Sculpture Garden. This was pretty cool. They also had ice skating open there in the garden. If I was there with just my wife I would have gone but with two kids it was too busy. After that we continued on to the Natural History Museum which I could spend at least 3 or 4 days meticulously looking through most of the exhibits. It was an interesting day with a lot of new experiences for the family. We had to explain to the kids why some people were asking for money, not exactly an easy topic to explain to kids who are 8 and 11. I did take a picture of one street performer who was juggling a bowling ball, tennis racket, and another smaller ball. I don't know if he was homeless but I figured I would throw a little money in his bowl for a shot. I wish I would have taken two or three cause that one just didn't turn out that good.

You can view additional shots at www.flickr.com/photos/dmize/

Still thinking of this weeks walk, but I must say I am glad I didn't do a 365. As busy as the past few weeks have been I can barely make sure I get 1 a week posted in time. So far so good, stay tuned...

As always comments and critique is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment