Saturday, January 09, 2010

Informal Shot


Wonderful wife, originally uploaded by dm|ze.
So I just wanted to take a shot of my beautiful wife to try out my new lens (50mm f/1.8 OM) It really wasn't intended to be a shot that I did anything with, but as I looked at it I really liked it.
I do see some problems with it mostly the shadows on the face but overall I do like it. I put a post on the forums on Digital-photography-school.com asking for critique. If anyone wants to give me some constructive critique please feel free to in the comments or on DPS. Overall I really like this shot and I think it is a good starting point. I've learned some stuff about selecting the shots to edit. I learned some stuff about post-processing in the gimp and I must say I used a few of the articles on http://www.iffles.com to get the results you see here.

Hopefully through the year I can get better at post-processing, along with photography. I will admit though that this is one of the reasons I don't like taking shots of people. There tends to be pre-conceived ideas of how a shot should look, I'm not really into that too much. I'm more into the, 'this is my life and this is what I see' type of shooting. That doesn't mean that I can't review and refine my technique. I will be the first to admit that I have a lot to learn, but I'm not going to stress about it, I'm just going to enjoy the journey.

DM|ZE
Check out my flickr

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your project - I would like to try a photo-walk sometime and am curious to read about your experience and see the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First one should be up soon... as I said before I'm going to try my hand at a little post processing. So, it will take more than just selecting a shot and posting it. On some I may even post the before and after and explain how I got there.

    ReplyDelete