Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Photowalk 4 of 52 - Mt. Olive Cemetery

Photowalk 4 of 52 - POTW

Overall I was disappointed with this walk. It was freezing cold, fresh snow, and I just didn't feel motivated. Later that night I got sick, I think I could already feel it when it was time to do my walk. I've wanted to shoot a cemetery for some time now and I thought the snow would look good with it.
It's not terrible, but my vision was different. Since I was sick I had some catching up to do so I felt rushed again when it came time to post my shots. I tried to take some time to edit one into an old-time look . I like the effects but I think I could have done better. At least I tried something new, a couple of things actually. Hopefully this will push me to try to have a better plan prior to the shoot and edit. I'm not going to beat myself up to hard over this as everyone gets sick, but I think it could have been a better walk all around. I am proud to say that I made it through my 4th walk and post and that is fantastic. This was the first one that my daughter didn't want to follow along. She wasn't too fanatical about the graveyard, even though I tried to put her mind at ease. I'm actually glad she didn't get, there was a lot of snow and I was only walking about for about 25-30 minutes total. The sun was starting to go down and it was frigid (about 26 degrees). My next walk is planned a little better but those plans look like they may fall through. The weather around here has been a bit crazy lately (although it seems to be that way most places). We will see what the weather brings us. Hopefully it will be something more colorful than snow. Please leave me a comment on here or flickr letting me know your thoughts of this weeks POTW.


View all of my published shots here.

No comments:

Post a Comment