Sunday, January 06, 2013

A fresh start - 2013 - 52 photo projects

I know I know... Last year I said I would be doing a 52 project.  I intended to and then got overwhelmed with other stuff quickly, then I lost my drive to photograph anything.  After a rather busy and stressful year I am now back with some new gear and a renewed desire to enjoy photography.  This year my oldest has decided she would like to do the 52 project too.  We have already come up with a list of projects and some ideas of when and what to take photos of.




This time around it's not all about the photowalks.  Sure, I will take some photowalks but projects are what I will focus on.  I am only focusing on getting one shot for each but I may post more than 1 occasionally.  Each project will have a "theme" that will be listed in the post.  And as always I will not hold myself to too tight of a schedule, if I miss one I will just catch up as fast as I can.  I know I could have done this last year but there were a number of reasons I gave up quickly.  This year won't be the same.  I will try to post as regularly as possible and at the end I will probably make a nice photobook over at AdormamPix.

As for the new gear I have:  I recently picked up a Canon 60D with the 18-200 lens, 50/f1.4 lens, and the 85/f1.8 lens.  I also grabbed a Canon 600 EX-RT flash and a Blackrapid RS5 strap to go along with it.  I still have my old equipment that I may use here and there or I may sell at some point to get a new lens.  I've got my eye on the Canon 100/f2.8L macro lens but I don't have that kind of money right now.  I picked up all my new equipment at Adorama.com and so far I'm loving it.

First project: Photowalk

Every year on the 1st there is a nature walk called "1st Day Hike", my family and I have done this the past couple of years.  I took a walk with my family and new camera to grab a few shots.  I'm still getting used to the new equipment so it might not be my best shots but I hope to grow as an enthusiast photographer this year and my skills should get better.

My shot for this project...
My family during the hike.
























DM|ZE

Check out my flickr or google+

No comments:

Post a Comment