Sunday, January 13, 2013

Project 2 - Toy

My daughter came up with the idea of doing a toy photo for this project.  At first I wasn't too keen on it but as I thought about it I liked the challenge.  Isn't that what a project is supposed to do, challenge you a bit?  So off to figure out what I could take a picture make a photo of.

Finally I came up with a "toy" that I have laying around from years ago, the sentinel from The Matrix movies.  I've wanted to photograph this for a while and just never gotten around to it.  Perfect, now I have a chance to do it.  I wanted it to be dark and mysterious and a goal of mine this year is to get better with off-camera flash.  Along with this project I am making an attempt to go through the strobist site to make my photos better.  Without further ado here is my photo for the week. I borrowed the matrix background from Neil95 on deviantart.com to add a little more to the photo.


I think the lighting came out pretty good adding a nice bit of dimension to the photo.  Feel free to comment and critique if you would like.  As I edited this photo I did wish that I gelled the flash a bit to get a hint of red coming through but what can you do.  I guess I could re-shoot the shot but I'm not I'm moving on for now and keeping that as an idea for later.

DM|ZE
Check out my flickr or google+

2 comments:

  1. Just my opinion, but i think this photo looks great...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man, it was fun to shoot and I'm mostly happy with it.

      Delete