Thursday, January 27, 2011

Photowalk 51 of 52 - St. Jones Greenway Pt. 1

Photowalk 51 of 52 - St. Jones Greenway Pt. 1 - POTW


Photowalk 51 of 52 - St. Jones Greenway Pt. 1

This was a really cool walk that almost didn't take place.  This is a little area that I have been passing forever and for the past year I've been trying to make time to explore this area.  I finally decided that I was going to go here for my walk but we had recently had a pretty good size snow and the parking area for this hadn't been plowed. 


Not only hadn't it been plowed but the street connecting to it had been plowed and that left some pretty big mounds leading into the parking lot.  I decided to park in the hotels parking lot next to it.  I'm glad I did, it was a fun walk.  Before this I ran to target and got me a pair of fingerless wool gloves.  I had been on the lookout for a pair for a while and target seemed to be the only local retailer that had them.  I spent about 4 hours walking this trail before it got dark.  It was chilly but surprisingly peaceful.  I didn't see anyone else walking while I was out there.  Most of the path follows route 1 but it isn't really loud like you might expect.  I put on my headphones and set up a gps tracker using "My Tracks" program on my android phone.  Below is the resulting track. 


View 2010-12-30 14:28 in a larger map

I really enjoyed this walk and I think I got some pretty nice shots.  I only made it part of the way before I felt like it was getting too dark so I decided to make my final photowalk a continuation of this trail.  Stay tuned for shots and a post about that soon.

Till then check out more shots at my flickr
DM|ZE

No comments:

Post a Comment