Monday, January 10, 2011

Photowalk 48 of 52 - Rainy night in Harrington

Photowalk 48 of 52 - Rainy night in Harrington

Photowalk 48 of 52 - Rainy night in Harrington

This was a bit different.  I had it in my mind that I was going to use the rain as an advantage.  This was a bit more than a walk, it was actually driving around looking for some vantage points. 

It was raining out and I wanted to capture the lights reflecting off of the wet surfaces.  I also wanted to continue playing with HDR a bit and see if I could the reflections to come out nice.  I only posted two shots from this "walk" because I wasn't very happy with the overall results.  I need to work on low-light situation and start using something more to support my camera when it is taking these exposures.  I am horrible at using a tripod and that is one of the things I'd like to work on.  My tripod is an old canon tripod that my wife was given a long time ago as a present with a video camera.  I really need to get a new better tripod but it's hard for me to even look at them knowing how much they are if I can't even use the one I have.  If I spent $200+ on a new tripod and it sat there not being used that would be a huge waste of money.  Most of the images had a bit of blur to them and I wasn't satisfied with that so I didn't edit and post them.  You live and learn and that is what I am going for.  I see some potential in this use of HDR.  I will play with this more sometime.  I'd like to get out more when it's bad weather for some shots.  I am wondering if anyone has used one of these Opteka SRC-40 Large Rain & Elements Cover for Canon EOS, Nikon, Sony Alpha, Olympus EVOLT & Pentax Digital SLR Cameras devices before?  I would like to hear more about them but I don't want to waste my money.

See more shots from my other photowalks at my flickr.

DM|ZE Check out my flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment