Sunday, April 25, 2010

Photowalk 15 of 52 - Earth Day at Killen's Pond???

POTW - Photowalk 15 of 52 - Taking a rest...

I see a pattern in my photowalks, no matter how hard I try I can't seem to just do a walk without some issue coming up.  This time I was planning on going to the earth day celebration at Killen's Pond.  We did, and it was cold and windy.  I didn't feel like carrying around my DSLR so I took my Canon Powershot A620.  I like this camera because it can fit in my pocket.  Also, like my DSLR it has the flip out lcd screen.  When I went to look at my shots at the end of it none were on there!!!
So the next day I run out to Killen's Pond by myself and walk around trying to grab some shots.  I only had about 45 minutes and I must say I could have stayed out there for about 4 or 5 hours.  I got some decent shots I think.  This is the first time I could actually get a good close shot of a dragon fly.  Thanks to my new lens the Olympus 70-300mmOlympus Zuiko 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 ED Lens for Olympus and Panasonic Standard Four Thirds Digital SLR Cameras.  So far this lens is great.  It does add a bit of weight to it but not too bad.  The main issue I have with this lens is when there isn't sufficient light it tends to hunt for focus and focussing is noisy.  But I am still working on manually focussing some so this lens does a good job at that.  I know this post is late, and I'll almost put money that a lot of these posts will be late through the summer.  But I do promise they will get up.  When I was just downloading images from my two cameras today I found that the images didn't delete from earth day, they were just moved to the root of the card so the camera coudn't see them!  Nice, because I wasn't just taking them for the photowalk I was also taking them for memories, as we all should be.  That's one of the best parts about going on these walks, there is a story to tell about each of them and the photos help me tell it.  Hopefully it won't take me too long to get the next post up.  Till then...

As always check out my other photowalks in my 52 photowalks set



DM|ZE Check out my flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment