Thursday, April 08, 2010

Photowalk 13 - A walk with my wife

- Photowalk 13 of 52 - With my wife - POTW

My original thought for this walk was something more easter oriented.  It just didn't work out that way. 
After stuffing and hiding 362 eggs, and then helping to find the last ten or so, I was beat.  I meant to get this out yesterday but I have been so busy this week enjoying the beautiful weather and getting out enjoying the sites.  As you'll see in the week I have been working on my portrait technique.  I touched each of the up in gimp a bit (mostly crop, levels, etc.)  But the fuzzy look and feel is a camera function on the e-620 Olympus Evolt E620 12.3MP Live MOS Digital SLR Camera with Image Stabilization and 2.7 inch Swivel LCD w/ 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 and 40-150mm f/4.0-5.6 ED Zuiko Lensescalled art filters.  My camera has 6 art filters and this is one of my favorites.  It gives a soft dreamy glow.  As you can see my wife is pregnant so this walk was for two reasons.  I want to get a lot of shots of her that we can display throughout our home.  Plus it gives me a reason to practice portrait shots.  I really don't enjoy doing portraits too much.  Even if I am not being rushed I have an internal feeling of rush.  So generally I don't feel like I take my time and do a good job.  This time was different.  The sun is going down later, the kids were playing with other kids in the family, we were rested up from easter dinner and the hunt, so we decided to take a stroll!  As we walked we found some neat spots to stop and shoot, I was paying more attention to lighting and shadows than ever.  This time I also brought along my flash the Olympus FL-36R. Olympus FL-36R Electronic Flash for Olympus Digital SLR Cameras  I used my flash for fill light only to help get the shadows from the nearby trees off her face.  We took our time and got a lot of shots.  I think the photos turned out really good.  Please feel free to leave your CC.

You can check out all of my photowalk pictures at my 52 photowalks flickr set.


DM|ZE
Check out my flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment