Saturday, April 03, 2010

Photowalk 11.1 and 11.2

So, I've been a bit behind on posting my POTW.  But I'd much rather be out their getting shots than worrying about whether I've gotten my post done.

The weather is really starting to get much better here and I'm trying to get out an enjoy it.  On this day I ended up taking two photowalks instead of one.


POTW 11.1
POTW - Photowalk 11.1 - Dupont Nature Center -- Peaceful
The first one was at the Dupont Nature Center, which is east of Milford.  I had never been here before but I read that they were having an amphibian and reptile discussion with live animals.  I thought it was a great opurtunity to go on an exploration.  It was a really cool place along with a nice presentation about the local area.  I got a couple of good shots but when all is said and done this didn't seem to be an area where you would spend large amounts of time.  It's a rather small place so I got the shots I wanted and we moved on.

I do however plan to go back in May for the Peace, Love, and Horseshoe crab event.  Sounds like a lot of fun stuff going on out there.

POTW 11.2
POTW - Photowalk 11.2 - Cape Henlopen -- Enjoying the sun
Since it was still rather early and it was such a beautiful day we took a ride further down the coast and stopped at Cape Henlopen State Park.  I've live in this area for quite a while and really haven't checked out a lot of places.  I had never been to Cape Henlopen and it just turned out that it was "open house" day.  This is a great place to go, I really can't believe it took me so long to check this place out.  I will be going back there soon!   I had just read some tips on beach photography over at DPS, this gave me some inspiration for some of the shots I got this day.  Overall, I had a great day hanging out and got some cool shots.  The photowalk idea is working out well so far.  I am exloring a lot of places around the area and spending more time on my photography.

Just about everyone of my shots being posted to flickr is in some way or another post-processed a bit.  I use picasa for my media management but for the post-processing I use the gimp.  It is open source software and it is free.  Please don't let the price fool you, this is a very powerful piece of software with literally endless possiblity.  Hopefully soon I will be posting an article giving some detail about the gimp and some of the methods I use to process my shots.

For those of you interested I use an Olympus e-620 two lens kit to capture most of my shots. I got my DSLR in November and have really enjoyed it.  There are a lot of great features to this particular model that I really enjoy and I am very happy with my choice.

You can check out the rest of my shots from this and all my 2010 52 photowalks at my flickr

DM|ZE
Check out my flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment