Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Photowalk 42 of 52 - Maryland Renaissance Festival

Photowalk 42 of 52 - Maryland Renaissance Festival

I've never been to one of these before. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect when I got there. I really enjoyed myself though, and I think I've got my daughter hooked, she can't wait till next year!

Before I start, I want to mention that I know I'm currently one walk behind, that's okay I expect to catch up soon.


The festival is held outside of Annapolis, MD, so it's a bit of a trek for me. When I got there I was in awe of how many people were there, the parking lot is huge. Then to see so many visitors getting out of their vehicles with their costumes on was really cool. When I was researching the festival for my photowalk I figured I would get some cool people shots, but I really thought the events were going to be my gold. I was wrong! The events were cool, if you could get up to see them. The big problem I think I had was that at the events it was hard not to get tons of pedestrians in the shot. When I was shooting the characters and their very detailed costumes everything was good. The thought these people put into their costumes was awesome, I really wish I was a little more bold to be able to sit and chat with some of them to see where they got their inspiration and why they chose the details in which they did. Some of these people were dressed as characters, not all of which were of the Renaissance era. I believe I saw batman and some other various comic book characters, I also saw the mad hatter. There were people of all ages and tons to see. I will say for some it was a good reason to show as much cleavage as possible. Not that I'm complaining but it is something to think of if you are taking the whole family. It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to go back next year. I have some more shots that I want to edit a bit and get uploaded at some point. However, for the time being I am going to limit the pictures of a walk to the ones that are my favorites in order to get them uploaded faster and keep up with my photowalks. When I have more time I will get the rest of the uploaded.

Check out more of my shots at www.flickr.com/photos/dmize/

DM|ZE

No comments:

Post a Comment